Sunday, January 22, 2006

"The Switch Inside My Head"

I put Zachary to bed tonight and as is the custom I laid down with him to listen to his prayers and remained for one song to play on his radio. He remained very quiet until nearly time for me to make my exit, when he said..."I think there must be this really little man that gets inside my head and turns on a switch!" I inquired, "What kind of switch is that?" to which he said, "Well, its all quiet in my head and he just goes in and turns on the switch to my thoughts". I said, "Oh, really?" He said, "Yeah, I wasn't even thinking about anything and he turned on the switch and all I can think about is Mema coming to visit and I will continue to think about it until she comes and is gone, then that thought will pop away and another thought will come into my head!" I said, "Well, can you get the little man to come back and turn the switch off so you can get some rest?" He said he didn't know how to get him back so I inquired further, how else can you turn the switch off so you can get to sleep. He said, "Well, I have an invisible third hand I can stick in there and turn the switch off." At this point I assured him that he needed to consider using the invisible hand to turn the switch off, to which he said ok.

No comments: