
What a wonderful time we had! I lost count of how many times I heard "Dad, I love you"! John Tyson's desire has always been to see it snow. Well, he got his chance this time!
We left after school Thursday and arrived late that night, woke early Friday and went straight to the slopes. We skied until the rain ran us off. We went out to eat at one of John Tyson's favorite places and turned in early. By early morning the rain had turned into snow! We woke to see my car covered in two inches of snow. When John Tyson awoke he ran to the window and looked out. All I heard him say was "Whoa, Oh, Oh...Wow!!"
We had wanted to drive into the National Park and see the Elk but we were turned back as the roads were already bad and it was still snowing. So we abandoned that plan and just drove around the valley and took pictures near our hotel. It continued to snow throughout the day, turning into larger picturesque flakes later in the afternoon. When all was said, we probably got nearly 3 to 4 inches (although I never heard an official snowfall amount). We did take the afternoon to go Snow Tubing...fun, but too much mud around the place.

The next day we ventured back to the slopes...much nicer snow cover, however many more people! We had a lot of fun though. We skied until we were exhausted! Our plan was to try to go into the National Park again, however all the roads in the park were still closed. As a result, we decided to return home a day early. We used the extra day to take the little ones to the zoo! I'll post pictures of the zoo in another posting later. I will have to add more pictures from our trip in the next posting!
No comments:
Post a Comment