What were we thinking!! Just when we were looking forward to being able to sleep in on Memorial Day, we go out and adopt a puppy! We just couldn't resist. This puppy was shown on the morning news Thursday and Zena and I both looked at each other and said "Isn't he the cutest!" and "Wouldn't that be something". That was all it took. Zena was at the shelter's door when they opened. She then brought him to me at work to keep him a secret from the kids until that evening. While Zena read a book to the kids on the couch, I brought him out and sat him on the floor at the end of the couch. When they finished their book, Ashton was the first to get up and venture around the corner to see him. She said in the sweetest little voice, "Well, who is this here in our house?" Then Zachary saw him and said, "Hey, who's puppy is that?" John Tyson then jumped up and said, "Whoa, is that our dog?"
Unfortunately, he remains un-named at this point. Zena and I should have hashed this out before we involved the kids! We may have to draw names from a hat soon! He, so far, has been such a good dog...only one accident! Let the fun begin!


1 comment:
I think you have already named him...Hokie.
Post a Comment